The City Government through the concerned public and private schools will help monitor the school children’s activity in terms of absenteeism and school drop-outs. This will engage the full participation of the parents, schools and the city government of Sorsogon. This program has following primary
a. To increase the literacy rate among school-age children.
b. To ensure increased attendance of children in school.
c. To monitor the actual attendance in school.
d. To avoid school drop-outs.
e. To inculcate in the minds of parent the value of education and the Rights of the Children.
Through the YCAP, the City of Sorsogon will provide the following assistance:
◦ Distribution of school supplies such as school bags, notebooks, pencil, crayons, and etc.
◦ Distribution of school uniforms.
◦ Rain and sunlight protective gears caps.
◦ Extend scholarship.
◦ Regular distribution of nutritious bread.
◦ Transportation Allowance for students coming from Bacon District (Sawanga – San Roque), West District (Salvacion – Guinlajon) and East District (Marinas – Cabid – an).
◦ Incentive for Teachers.